[Mesa-dev] [RFC 0/6] Enable fp16 visuals and fbconfigs

Tapani Pälli tapani.palli at intel.com
Tue Jan 8 06:13:04 UTC 2019

On 1/7/19 6:25 PM, Strasser, Kevin wrote:

>>> dEQP (EGL module) has set of 'wide color' tests that also cover
>>> 1010102 and fp16.
>>
>> Having said that, it's not really a 'complete test' but at least something to
>> start with.
>
> Right, I'm familiar with that test, looks to just check if the config gets
> exposed or not. I was hoping to find some tests that were more rigorously
> testing 10 bit configs that I would be able to extend for fp16. So far I
> haven't found much between piglit and dEQP, but I'm still looking.

It does also a clear test and has reference values for these formats. It
does not render any other content though so just a basic 'contents are
sane' test.

>> Does kernel already support fp16?
>
> I have a series that enables fp16 for ICL+ [1], and Ville has patches that can
> support platforms prior to that. I still need to rework my series with the
> review feedback I got.. mostly concerned with getting userspace ready before
> trying to land that.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin
>
> [1] https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/53213/

Nice! I guess we should also try to open up 1010102 again. There were
couple of issues which might have been fixed. Both issues were happening
with compositors, rendering bug on Unity (Ubuntu) and another was
picking bug with Clutter based Gnome-Shell.

// Tapani