[Mesa-dev] Android + tegra + mesa

Thierry Reding thierry.reding at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 09:39:40 UTC 2019

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 12:28:07AM +0300, Artyom Bambalov wrote:
> Hello, guys. I have device with tegra K1(T124). I try to get open source
> graphical stack. What I use: mesa 3d(18.2-19.0), libdrm(2.4.96),
> drm_hwcomposer(the latest), gbm_gralloc(the latest), 4.19 kernel by
> google(tegra drm + nouveau). What I get: normal bootanimatin, but the
> system UI is not displaying properly(look at pinned picture). I also tested
> the kernel with linux distr and all works fine. So, I wanted to ask is it
> possible to get a normal picture on android with nouveau on tegra K1(T124)?

Do you have some notes on how to reproduce your setup? I've been meaning
to try this out but never found enough time to see it through. Having a
set of simple instructions for getting this built and booted would help
reproduce the behavior and debug.

That said, it looks like you've got a completely white display, which
usually means that you're getting page faults from the SMMU, so maybe
that'd be an interesting place to look at. You should be seeing errors
from the SMMU in the kernel log in that case.

There was a brief period where the SMMU wasn't working properly with
Nouveau, which could be related to this, especially since it was around
the timeframe of 4.19. That issue was fixed with this commit:

	b59fb482b522 ("drm/nouveau: tegra: Detach from ARM DMA/IOMMU mapping")

which was merged into v4.19, but maybe it's not in the tree from Google
that you're using (for whatever reason).

Come to think of it, that wouldn't really explain the white display,
though, since that usually happens on SMMU faults for reads by the
display controller. In any case, the kernel log would hopefully contain
some clues as to what could be wrong.

Thierry