[Mesa-dev] Zero-Copy Texture usage from OpenCL

Tapani Pälli tapani.palli at intel.com
Mon Jun 3 10:17:03 UTC 2019

Hi;

On 5/30/19 12:03 PM, Rudrappa, Shiva Kumara wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone please help to validate below MESA features.
>
> “system shall allow 3D rendering to make use of OpenCL buffers in a
> zero-copy manner”
>
> “system shall allow 3D rendering to make use of Media SDK buffers in a
> zero-copy manner.”

I'm not entirely sure what the actual feature description here is but
these features go through the stack and need implementation in OpenCL
and Media SDK stacks + graphics allocator (minigbm, gralloc) as well. So
this is not just a 'MESA feature'. Perhaps some clarification of the
features would make the whole thing easier to validate.

I'm guessing that by 'system shall allow 3D rendering to make use of
Media SDK buffers' it is meant that Mesa driver can create a texture out
of buffer that contains video frame that Media SDK has produced. Mesa
side of this use-case can be validated as example using Piglit test
'ext_image_dma_buf_import-sample_yuv' but it assumes that Media SDK is
capable is producing similar buffers as what the test is using.

Thanks;

// Tapani