[Mesa-dev] mirroring ogl-sample source code in gitlab?

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Tue Jun 11 16:41:42 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-06-11 at 11:13 +0200, Erik Faye-Lund wrote:

> So here's the question: How does people feel about hosting this under
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/ogl-sample/? If people are OK with
> this, I will make that happen, and send out a patch to update the link
> we have in our FAQ once that's done.

Sounds fine to me. I've needed to refer to the SI more than once, I'd
be happy to have it in a well-known location.

Vaguely related: Old-timers may remember that DRI used to have its own
CVS repo on dri.sourceforge.net. If you want a git import of that tree,
you can find it here:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/ajax/dri

I'd be happy to move this under mesa/ too if we want.

> I would further propose we mark the repo as archived, which would
> clearly mark that we're not maintaining it and also prevent it from
> appearing in searches.

Enh. Less sold on this, though if it's linked from the FAQ I guess it's
okay. I find that gitlab's archive makes things a little too hard to
find, I would often prefer to see archived results in searches. But
there's not really a better way to make a repo read-only, so I won't
object too strongly.

- ajax