[Mesa-dev] mirroring ogl-sample source code in gitlab?

Erik Faye-Lund erik.faye-lund at collabora.com
Thu Jun 13 10:58:13 UTC 2019

On Wed, 2019-06-12 at 14:03 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Wed, 2019-06-12 at 10:29 +0200, Erik Faye-Lund wrote:

> > > Hmm, for some reason I can't see the repo here, just the (empty)
> > > issue
> > > tracker. Even though the project is listed as public... Strange.
>
> Weirdly there are separate controls for project and repository
> visibility, and the latter was set to "Only project members" for some
> reason. Fixed, thanks!

Thanks, I can see it now :)

> > > I think that'd be nice, yeah. I think it would be nice to keep
> > > things
> > > like this in some central location.
> > >
> > > One could also imagine that the SGI GLX realease in it's original
> > > form
> > > would be interesting to preserve in case other mirrors go down as
> > > well.
> > > Just for the heck of it, I've archived that as well, even though
> > > it's
> > > just a single tarball, so it ends up as just a single commit:
> > >
> > > https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/kusma/glx
> > >
> > > This could also be a candidate for moving under the mesa-group.
> >
> > Actually, perhaps this one belongs under the xorg-group instead of
> > the
> > mesa-group...
>
> Yeah, toss-up really. The glx code drop has both the client library
> and
> server support, so it's not entirely one or the other. libGL used to
> live only in the X11 monolith, and (iirc) we moved it to Mesa during
> m12n so it lived near the DRI drivers since that interface kept
> growing.

Yeah, fair enough. I don't really feel the need to decide on this right
now. I want to add a link to the ogl-sample code in our FAQ, so that's
the only repo I have a motivation to do something with right now.

I would say we move both the ogl-sample repo and the glx repo to the
mesa organization, and mark them as read-only as we reasonably can. I'm
pretty much indifferent to archiving vs permissions-tweaks, but I do
very slightly lean towards archiving (AFAIK, owners can always push
regardless of premissins-tweaks, so there's a *very* theoretical chance
of something going wrong then).

The glx-repo can wait until there's a motivation, I think.