[Mesa-dev] boolean usage in gallium

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Sat Jun 29 04:08:53 UTC 2019

Ken pointed out on IRC today that there was still a lot of "boolean"
(vs bool/_Bool) usage in gallium. In fact, many interfaces are
specified with boolean.

I had it in my mind that I had at some point removed most boolean
usage, but that is just not the case - first of all, the interfaces
remain with it, and I could find no evidence of such a commit. I must
have imagined it.

Is there any reason to keep boolean around? I know conversions must be
done carefully (since incorrect-but-working usage would not currently
be caught by the compiler), but are there any practical reasons to
avoid C99 _Bool in gallium code?

If not, I may begin converting things over.

Cheers,

  -ilia