[Mesa-dev] gitlab issue migration, labels & triage

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Thu Sep 19 16:55:13 UTC 2019

On Wed, 2019-09-18 at 23:41 +0200, Bas Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

> Has anybody put any though in how to best manage things here? e.g.
> some process, or do we want some form of automatic labeling, or is my
> concern overblown?

Well, there's the list of issues with no label:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/issues?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=opened&label_name[]=None

We can almost certainly keep that list empty if we're diligent about
it. And if there's volunteers sufficiently interested in triage but not
necessarily development we can add them with Reporter access. I'm a
_little_ surprised issue reporters don't automatically get that... but
on the other hand, as Mark Janes pointed out, we're likely to be using
labels for quite a lot now, so the ability to delete labels probably
should be restricted to Developer and up.

- ajax