[Mesa-dev] [ANNOUNCE] mesa 20.0.5

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Fri Apr 24 08:08:29 UTC 2020

On 2020-04-23 8:37 p.m., Mark Janes wrote:

> The majority of stable point releases will have zero issues in a
> release milestone.  Opening/closing empty milestones all the time is a
> lot of busy work.

If a few clicks & keystrokes is really "a lot of busy work", only
creating a milestone when actually needed is fine. The important part is
that the stable manager actually checks the milestone before cutting the
release.

> Milestones are helpful for *initial* releases of stable branches, not
> point releases.  Even for initial releases important use cases for
> milestones are not supported by gitlab.  As an example, we may be able
> to verify that a specific test is regressed with an A/B test of the
> previous release -- and perhaps identify the commit that regressed it.
> How can we find if an issue exists for this test?  You cannot:
>
>  - search for issues mentioning a test name (unless it is in the title)

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=opened&search=test

lists issues without "test" in the title, so this doesn't seem quite as
bad as you're making it.

>  - search for issues mentioning a commit

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=opened&search=76dbcb1f5e48e10467b15a0e19232eccc3a57ae3

seems to work?

>  - subscribe to issue comments in a way that would let you search
>    offline

On https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa (or its parent page, for the
whole Mesa group of projects) click the drop-down next to the
notification bell, select "Custom" and check the "New note" box, then
you get an e-mail for every comment on every issue & MR.

(One gotcha is that an e-mail is only sent for the original comment, not
for any edits. Therefore, it's better to only edit comments for minor
fixups)

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer               |               https://redhat.com