[Mesa-dev] New Mesa3D.org website proposal

Jason Ekstrand jason at jlekstrand.net
Thu May 7 14:05:23 UTC 2020

Looks shiny but....

We need to be very careful here. One of the big no-nos with Khronos
trademark rules is using logos for things where implementations aren't
conformant.  Mesa has been living in a mirky in-between land for a
while and everything has been mostly fine.  We've been very careful to
*not* say that Mesa is an implementation of any Khronos APIs.
Instead, we say that Mesa is an open-source software project that
contains implementations and that some of those implementations are
conformant.  That page full of logos makes me concerned that we're
going to risk getting into trouble.  Khronos marketing cares A LOT
about logos.

--Jason