[Mesa-dev] Mesa 20.2.x and GL_RG8_SNORM/GL_NONE

Jason Ekstrand jason at jlekstrand.net
Fri Oct 16 04:28:30 UTC 2020

Generally, you need to be careful with forcing no_error.  Some apps
rely on gl errors to check for features and other things.
Force-disabling errors may break the app.  Mesa's implementation of
the no_error extension has been a gradual process where people have
been removing the error checking paths one at a time as time permits.
It's entirely possible that an error checking path that the app relies
on got removed from Mesa.  The solution to this is to stop forcing
no_error.

--Jason