[Mesa-dev] Developer access

Alyssa Rosenzweig alyssa.rosenzweig at collabora.com
Thu Jan 21 15:04:57 UTC 2021

Hi all,

Icecream95[1], a long-time Mesa/Panfrost contributor, has requested
developer access to mesa on the GitLab issue tracker [2]. Quoting here
for convenience of those who monitor the mailing list but not the
tracker:

> @alyssa keeps complaining about getting poked to assign stuff to Marge
> for me, so I think it's finally time to ask for Mesa developer access,
> so I can do the endless retries until CI stops flaking myself.
>
> Assuming a platform with char as unsigned, I think my 210 patches in
> Mesa is more than the 32 commits some have suggested to be required
> for the lofty privilege of labelling MRs and bothering the merge bot.

All else being equal, with my Panfrost maintainer hat, I am in favour.
Marge Bot access would reduce merge friction for their frequent
contributions, given the substantial timezone difference with our team
at Collabora. Additionally, labeling access would ease triage for us;
although I subscribe specifically to Panfrost MRs, I have to monitor all
MRs to ensure I haven't missed any from them, a frequent occurrence.

[ The cynic reads: This is more for my benefit than theirs ;-) ]

Thanks,

Alyssa

[1] https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/icecream95
[2] https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/4135