[Mesa-dev] vulkan video + beta header enables

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 02:48:25 UTC 2021

On Fri, 5 Nov 2021 at 11:59, Jason Ekstrand <jason at jlekstrand.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 8:53 PM Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Just polling for opinions here on how best to move forward with
> > enabling the provisional vulkan beta headers in Mesa and the fallout
> > from doing so for people importing updated vulkan headers.
> >
> > Do we want to allow beta/provisional features in main?
>
> IMO, it's fine as long as you never land the final patch which flips
> on the extension or, if you do, make sure it's very carefully guarded.

Well it's a bunch of extensions unfortunately.

Like do we want a meson option vulkan_beta?
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/merge_requests/13685

If we have a vulkan-beta option, does that just enabling building with
the extensions or does it turn on those extensions?
or should we have another meson option for that or even an out of tree
patch in an MR as you suggest?

Dave.