[Mesa-dev] Workflow Proposal

Martin Roukala (néé Peres) martin.peres at free.fr
Thu Oct 7 06:38:31 UTC 2021

On 07/10/2021 00:56, Emma Anholt wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 10:07 AM Jason Ekstrand <jason at jlekstrand.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 11:24 AM Emma Anholt <emma at anholt.net> wrote:

>> My primary grip with approvals or the 👍 button is that it's the wrong
>> granularity.  It's per-MR instead of per-patch.  When people are
>> regularly posting MRs that touch a bunch of different stuff, per-patch
>> review is pretty common.  I'm not sure I want to lose that.  :-/
>
> If we leave aside the "marge bot requires approvals" thing, which I
> don't think is plausible, then we could have it both ways: easy MRs
> get a thumbs up from someone reasonable and we hand it directly to
> marge, or complicated MRs can have people doing per-patch review like
> they do today, and someone at the end decides to hand to marge (with
> or without per-patch rbs rebased in).

I'm with Jordan and Emma on this. Just have Marge add as many
"Approved-by: @USERID" to every commit in the series as there are people
who pressed the "Approve" button, and be done with it :)

Since it is a different tag, we know it was a "Whole-MR ACK" rather than
a per-patch one, which would come in the Reviewed/Acked/Tested-by form.

Thanks for raising this up Mike!

Martin