[Mesa-dev] Screen freeze AMD TURKS/JUNIPER

Gert Wollny gw.fossdev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 14:13:01 UTC 2021

Hello Guus,

On Wed, 2021-10-20 at 18:20 +0800, Guus Ellenkamp wrote:
> My screen freezes every now and then (once a day before, now more
> often)  in an Ubuntu 20.04 system. It started using a TURKS AMD
> graphics adapter  and after trying many things I thought the adapter
> might be defective, but replacing it wit h a JUNIPER type the problem
> still remains.
Did the problems start right after updating to Ubuntu 20.04 or did you
sucessfully use Ubuntu 20.04 already before the problems started?

> It seems the freeze occurs after 'something' goes wrong, like I mostly
> see network errors before the card problem output.
This could also point to a hardware problem with the main board that
happens to affect the slot the graphics card is in.

Apart from that you might try to test a graphics card that uses the
newer radeonsi driver (anything AMD R5+), they are available e.g. on
ebay for reasonable prices.

In any case the right channel tp report bugs is here:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues

Best regards,
Gert