Beginner to driver dev, looking for advice

Erik Faye-Lund erik.faye-lund at collabora.com
Fri Dec 30 08:30:04 UTC 2022

Hi, and welcome to the community!

In case you're not already familiar, we have #dri-devel on OFTC, as
mentioned here: https://docs.mesa3d.org/lists.html#irc

This is where most day-to-day communication happens, as well as on our
project on gitlab.fdo.

There's also some technical docs on docs.mesa3d.org, both generic and
hardware-specific. But as always, those docs can be improved. If
there's anything in *particular* you think is under-documented, feel
free to open a ticket about it, and maybe someone steps up to improve
it.

We have some articles specific to some of the subjects you bring up, as
well as some generic ones:

- https://docs.mesa3d.org/debugging.html
- https://docs.mesa3d.org/drivers/anv.html
- https://docs.mesa3d.org/isl/index.html
- https://docs.mesa3d.org/drivers/v3d.html
- https://docs.mesa3d.org/drivers/lima.html
- https://docs.mesa3d.org/drivers/panfrost.html
- https://docs.mesa3d.org/utilities.html
- https://docs.mesa3d.org/helpwanted.html
- https://docs.mesa3d.org/nir/index.html

I know, it's a lot of links, and there's a lot more where that comes
from. An yet it might not be quite what you're looking for ;)

Anyway, feel free to reach out on #dri-devel if you have questions. My
nick is kusma, and if I'm around I might be able to forward you to the
right person depending on your question. If I'm not around, there's
usually someone else who's helpful!