Does gbm_bo_map() implicitly synchronise?

Pierre Ossman ossman at cendio.se
Thu Jun 20 14:06:46 UTC 2024

On 6/20/24 15:59, Pierre Ossman wrote:
>> We recently identified that it has an issue[2] with synchronization on
>> the server side when after glFlush() in the client side the command
>> list takes too much (several seconds) to finish the rendering.
>>
>> [2] https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/11228
>>

> Oh. I can try to test it here. We don't seem to have any synchronisation
> issues now that we got that VNC bug resolved.

I just tested here, and could not see the issue with our implementation
with either an AMD iGPU or Nvidia dGPU. They might be too fast to
trigger the issue? I have a Pi4 here as well, but it's not set up for
this yet.

Regards
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB               https://cendio.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?