[Mesa-maintainers] Recommendations for building Mesa with LIBGLVND support

Stefan Dirsch sndirsch at suse.de
Tue Mar 21 15:35:32 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 04:58:18PM +0000, Emil Velikov wrote:
> That aside:
>
>  - build mesa with --enable-glvnd
> it will produce a libGLX_mesa.so and the usual "conflicting" libGLES*
> and libEGL files.
>  - former is fine, while for the latter you'll need your current workaround(s).

I guess I misunderstood that a bit. ;-) With former you've likely meant

  * it will produce a libGLX_mesa.so

with latter

  * the usual "conflicting" libGLES* and libEGL files

The conflicting libEGL files issue has been addressed by a NVIDIA employee
apparently: Kyle Brenneman <kbrenneman at nvidia.com>

  https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-dev/2017-January/139578.html
  https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-dev/2017-January/139727.html

Not upstreamed yet, but received at least a reviewed by

  Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com>

in January after after Dylan Baker reviewed the patch already in September

  https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-dev/2016-September/128716.html

I've applied both patches and it apparently fixes the libEGL conflict issue
for me. If I understood correctly you planned to add NVIDIA's libglvnd EGL
support to Mesa 17.1 - after polishing it.

So what's missing is GLES support for libglvnd builds in Mesa. At least this
is my understanding with NVIDIA and maybe also other vendors replacing these
libs with theirs.

Adding NVIDIA at this point. Kyle and Daniel. Hope that's ok.

Thanks,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0            Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479          D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de            Germany