[Mesa-maintainers] RFC discussion using meson for Mesa

Marek Olšák maraeo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 16:59:52 UTC 2017

Despite some negative feedback I gave in the other thread, I think
ninja is great because it's faster than make.

I've also noticed that building Mesa with a hot ccache and make is
very slow, while building LLVM (much bigger project) with a hot ccache
and ninja is very fast. It looks like make can copy 10 files from
ccache per second, while ninja can copy 100 files from ccache per
second. (using an SSD here)

Marek