[Mesa-maintainers] RFC discussion using meson for Mesa

Andreas Boll andreas.boll.dev at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 18:10:08 UTC 2017

FYI there's a libtool performance regression which causes a slower
build of mesa.

See http://harald.hoyer.xyz/2015/03/05/libtool-getting-rid-of-180000-sed-forks/
and https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=848864

There are three commits [1] [2] [3] for mitigating this issue in the
libtool git repo since 2015
but unfortunately those patches haven't made it into a release yet.

Thanks,
Andreas

[1] http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libtool.git/commit/?id=32f0df9835ac15ac17e04be57c368172c3ad1d19
[2] http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libtool.git/commit/?id=16dbc070d32e6d4601cb5878dfdf69f2e29c84e1