[Mesa-stable] Request for more information for stable-branch patches

Ian Romanick idr at freedesktop.org
Tue Jul 30 13:55:02 PDT 2013

On 07/30/2013 12:52 PM, Stellard, Thomas wrote:
> Hi Carl,
>
> These patches are meant for the 9.2 branch. Versions of these were
> on the list for a few weeks prior to the 9.2 branch, but were not
> committed to master in time. They should apply cleanly to the 9.2
> branch, if not  let me know.

Foo.  This is an issue that Tom pointed out before we started doing the
mesa-stable list, and it seems that it does need solving.  The old
"NOTE:" method would include additional information:

NOTE: This is a candidate for the stable branches.

vs.

NOTE: This is a candidate for the 9.2 branch.

etc.

I can think of a couple somewhat ugly ways to handle this when patches
are sent just to the mesa-stable list, but I can't think of anything
that would be acceptable for patches sent simultaneously to mesa-dev. :(