[Mesa-stable] Request for more information for stable-branch patches

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Jul 30 14:13:49 PDT 2013

Ian Romanick <idr at freedesktop.org> writes:
> Foo.  This is an issue that Tom pointed out before we started doing the
> mesa-stable list, and it seems that it does need solving.

Right. I had disregarded the concern because I hadn't realized that
there was a large stabilization phase for a major release that happens
on a branch rather than on master.

So we definitely do need to fix this.

> I can think of a couple somewhat ugly ways to handle this when patches
> are sent just to the mesa-stable list, but I can't think of anything
> that would be acceptable for patches sent simultaneously to
> mesa-dev. :(

How about this:

	CC: mesa-stable at lists.freedesktop.org
	CC: "9.1" <mesa-stable at lists.freedesktop.org>
	CC: "9.2" <mesa-stable at lists.freedesktop.org>

?

I just tested and git-send-email does just fine with that, (it just
copies everything to the CC field of the email message).

And that should give us the information we need to know what to do.

-Carl

carl.d.worth at intel.com