[Mesa-users] glFBDev

Chia-I Wu olvaffe at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 22:09:28 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Chia-I Wu <olvaffe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Arvid Picciani <aep at exys.org> wrote:
>>>   $ EGL_LOG_LEVEL=debug eglinfo
>> libEGL debug: dlopen(/usr/local/lib/egl/egl_kms_swrast.so)
>> libEGL debug: EGL user error 0x3001 (other) in eglInitialize(no usable
>> display)
>> libEGL debug: EGL user error 0x3001 (other) in eglInitialize
>> eglinfo: eglInitialize failed
>>> and show me the output?  Also, what modules/drivers are there in your
>>> ${libdir}/egl?
>> api_GL.so  egl_dri2.so  egl_glx.so  egl_kms_swrast.so  egl_x11_swrast.so
>> machine is:
>> x86 linux
>> 00:02.1 [..] Intel  945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML   (8086:27a6)
>> DRI is working according to Xgl.
> EGL KMS only works with hardware drivers.  You need to enable the gallium
> driver for your hardware.  I will update the Makefile rules not to build
> egl_kms_swrast.so to avoid confusion.
Along with the change, I also added fbdev backend to EGL.  To build the
backend, configure mesa with --with-egl-displays=fbdev.  Remember to point
EGL_DRIVER to the driver at runtime.

The demos (for OpenGL, OpenGL ES, and OpenVG) seem to work.  However, they do
not switch VTs or set the VT to graphics mode.  Not sure whether the app or EGL
should do that.

--
olv at LunarG.com