[Mesa-users] glFBDev

Arvid Picciani aep at exys.org
Thu Jun 17 09:43:57 PDT 2010

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 14:15:50 +0800, Chia-I Wu <olvaffe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Oops.  Should be fixed by 8f3e48ee2c77db7aeaf5ffc904db6790dd5a3bf4.
> Sorry for the slow response.  I was away for a vacation.

thanks. i had to modify configure.am to not compile GLX, but then it
compiled through.
Unfortunately it doesn't really work.

EGL_LOG_LEVEL=debug EGL_DRIVER=/usr/local/lib/egl/egl_fbdev_swrast.so ./demo
libEGL debug: dlopen(/usr/local/lib/egl/egl_fbdev_swrast.so)
libEGL warning: No supported client API
libEGL debug: no state tracker supports config 0x0
libEGL debug: no state tracker supports config 0x0
libEGL debug: no state tracker supports config 0x0
libEGL debug: no state tracker supports config 0x0
libEGL debug: no state tracker supports config 0x0
EGL version = 1.4
EGL_VENDOR = Mesa Project
Got 5 EGL configs:
 1:  Red Size = 8  Depth Size = 0
 2:  Red Size = 8  Depth Size = 16
 3:  Red Size = 8  Depth Size = 32
 4:  Red Size = 8  Depth Size = 24
 5:  Red Size = 8  Depth Size = 24
failed to create context
Redraw
zsh: segmentation fault

How do i even set the fb device?
I don't think fbdev is what i want anyway, since i want _hardware_
opengl acceleration. Unfortunately it seems egl hides alot behind the
scenes, including dri. When i try to use egl_dri with an already opened
dri device, it fails. probably because dri cant be opened twice, but i
can't see  how to feed mesa with an open fd, and with already allocated
dri vbuffers, etc. Should i use the gallium drivers directly rather then
through egl?