[Mesa-users] glFBDev

Chia-I Wu olvaffe at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 18:30:26 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 12:43 AM, Arvid Picciani <aep at exys.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 14:15:50 +0800, Chia-I Wu <olvaffe at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Oops.  Should be fixed by 8f3e48ee2c77db7aeaf5ffc904db6790dd5a3bf4.
>> Sorry for the slow response.  I was away for a vacation.
> thanks. i had to modify configure.am to not compile GLX, but then it
> compiled through.
> Unfortunately it doesn't really work.
> EGL_LOG_LEVEL=debug EGL_DRIVER=/usr/local/lib/egl/egl_fbdev_swrast.so ./demo
> libEGL debug: dlopen(/usr/local/lib/egl/egl_fbdev_swrast.so)
> libEGL warning: No supported client API
egl_fbdev_swrast.so should load api_*.so under /usr/local/lib/egl/ for client
API support.  You should not see this warning.  You may want to check if the
client APIs are there, and try again with eglinfo from the demos repo.
> libEGL debug: no state tracker supports config 0x0
> libEGL debug: no state tracker supports config 0x0
> libEGL debug: no state tracker supports config 0x0
> libEGL debug: no state tracker supports config 0x0
> libEGL debug: no state tracker supports config 0x0
> EGL version = 1.4
> EGL_VENDOR = Mesa Project
> Got 5 EGL configs:
>  1:  Red Size = 8  Depth Size = 0
>  2:  Red Size = 8  Depth Size = 16
>  3:  Red Size = 8  Depth Size = 32
>  4:  Red Size = 8  Depth Size = 24
>  5:  Red Size = 8  Depth Size = 24
> failed to create context
> Redraw
> zsh: segmentation fault
>
> How do i even set the fb device?
Your app should open the fb device and pass the fd (casted to
EGLNativeDisplayType) to EGL.
> I don't think fbdev is what i want anyway, since i want _hardware_
> opengl acceleration. Unfortunately it seems egl hides alot behind the
> scenes, including dri. When i try to use egl_dri with an already opened
> dri device, it fails. probably because dri cant be opened twice, but i
> can't see  how to feed mesa with an open fd, and with already allocated
> dri vbuffers, etc. Should i use the gallium drivers directly rather then
> through egl?
egl_dri2 driver in master only supports X11.

--
olv at LunarG.com