[Mesa-users] Display errors with UGS NX

Sandro Mani manisandro at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 07:34:01 PST 2010

Hello,
I have the following question: using UGS NX with the free mesa drivers,
curved shapes or surfaces with curved boundaries get rendered only
partially, while flat surfaces get rendered correctly. This can be seen
here: http://nas.dyndns.org/temp/Screenshot.png , and more obviously
with more complex geometries here:
http://nas.dyndns.org/temp/Screenshot-1.png . As far as I can remember,
this issue was always present, first time I tested was mesa 7.6, and I
tested with both intel and ati drivers.
While I am aware that this is a proprietary program and I would not be
surprised if it was their code that is incorrect and only because of
some miracle renders correctly on the proprietary nvidia/ati drivers, I
still wonder whether this may not be a more trivial bug in the mesa drivers.
Thanks.
Regards,
Sandro Mani