[Mesa-users] r300g power management

danialre at xmission.com danialre at xmission.com
Tue Oct 26 22:54:50 PDT 2010

Hello,

I've been experimenting with the Gallium3D drivers on an X1400, and (for
the most part) have noticed a huge performance boost compared to the
stock drivers in Ubuntu 10.04.  Kudos to the developers!

However, I'm getting the same battery life as the old drivers (radeon, I
think), versus a ~30% battery improvement with the fglrx drivers in
Ubuntu 8.04, running hotter with both open source drivers as well.  I am
compiling from git, and using a backported 2.6.36 kernel (from the
kernel-ppa PPA), as well as ensuring the r300g drivers are in use.

Are there any plans to implement power management to the r300g project,
or is there a way to enable them? Or am I just overlooking
something/being ignorant right now?

Thanks!

Danial