[Mesa-users] threading in mesa

burlen burlen.loring at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 19:19:07 PST 2012

Hi Brian,

> Be aware that the llvmpipe driver does not work with the OSMesa
> interface.
:-(

that's no fun. In general, I would really like to be using llvmpipe
driver. If I'm reading mesa docs correctly it's the only one that
supports threading and provides glsl. I'm using osmesa without x on
systems like cray xe, 24 cores per node, and sgi uv 1000 1024 cores.
Soon we'll also be using an intel mic cluster, each card will have 60
cores with 2 hardware threads, and 2 hyper threads. I would expect that
the threaded driver would make a big difference on these systems.

Is there any info on the performance or scaling of the threaded llvmpipe
driver?

Thanks again
Burlen