[Mesa-users] compiling mesa3d as deb package

Stephen Ranger sanosuke001 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 12:45:55 PST 2012

I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask (I'm new to mesa stuff).

I'm trying to compile mesa for use with offscreen rendering but I haven't
been able to find a non-dri pre-compiled package anywhere so went and made
one myself. Now, using the compiling/installing guide on the site and
setting my LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/lib everything works fine and I
can do offscreen rendering in a VM using Xvfb but I'd like to install it on
other systems (VMs) for offscreen rendering without having to recompile.

So, I went to find out how to make a debian package of the thing. I did the
following:

 $ dh_make --createorig
 $ vi debian/rules # dh_auto_configure -- --enable-xlib-glx --disable-dri
 $ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

Compiling manually I have no issues, creating a package it seems to
configure and compile correctly but fails after a bit with the following:

make[5]: *** [glapi-test] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory
`/media/secondary/libgl-mesa-xlib-9.0.1/src/mapi/glapi/tests'
make[4]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/media/secondary/libgl-mesa-xlib-9.0.1/src/mapi/glapi/tests'
make[3]: *** [check-local] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/media/secondary/libgl-mesa-xlib-9.0.1'
make[2]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/media/secondary/libgl-mesa-xlib-9.0.1'
make[1]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/media/secondary/libgl-mesa-xlib-9.0.1'
dh_auto_test: make -j1 check returned exit code 2
make: *** [build] Error 29
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Stephen