[Mesa-users] instructions for installing mesa on Windows

Bill York Bill.York at mathworks.com
Tue Jun 18 14:41:56 PDT 2013

Hi again. I now have a working Mesa build for Windows. Here's a summary of what I did. All of the errors I saw along the way were because an essential tool was not installed. In fact, I just now pulled the latest mesa from git and it built cleanly on the first try.

1) install python 2.7
2) install scons (latest)
3) install mingw, flex, and bison
4) install libxml2 (from here: http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/, get libxml2-python-2.9.1.win-amd64-py2.7.exe)
5) install pywin32 (from here: http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/, get pywin32-218.4.win-amd64-py2.7.exe)
6) install git
7) download mesa from git (see http://www.mesa3d.org/repository.html)
8) run scons
9) copy build\windows-x86_64-debug\mesa\drivers\windows\gdi\opengl32.dll to my application's bin directory

That was all I needed to make Mesa work with my program. I also tried the opengl32.dll from libgl-gdi but don't know it is a any better.

Bill

On Jun 18, 2013, at 5:11 PM, Brian Paul <brianp at vmware.com<mailto:brianp at vmware.com>>