[Mesa-users] Status of geometry shader support for older contexts?

Panagiotis Vossos panagiotis at vossos.name
Tue Sep 30 01:13:32 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am currently using Mesa 10.1.5 with llvmpipe on Windows, and was
wondering whether geometry shaders are currently supported.  I had a quick
look at the docs, and it's clear to me that the standard 3.2 functionality
is only available if someone's using a core profile (as ARB_compatibility
is not supported).

But what happens if you can't use a core profile?  Can I use the older
ARB_geometry_shader4 extension instead?  It looks like the entry points are
there, but the extension is not included in the extensions string (at least
using my build of 10.1.5 -- correct me if I'm wrong).

Thanks in advance,
Panos.