[Mesa-users] version string for OpenGL not correct?

Benjamin Bellec b.bellec at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 09:55:49 PDT 2015

Hello,

This is a recurrent mistake.

glxinfo | grep "OpenGL version" gives you the level for the GL
Compatibility profile. Mesa is currently limited to GL3.0 in Compatibility
level and the developers don't plan to implement higher Compatibility level.

What you are looking for is in fact the OpenGL Core profile, which you get
with the command :
glxinfo | grep -A 1 "OpenGL core profile version"

Regards.

--
Benjamin