[Mesa-users] glvnd and Optimus

Sven Köhler sven.koehler at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 22:46:47 UTC 2016

Hi,

I've heard about the new libglvnd and I watched some talks about it. But
so far I only understood that libglvnd will be dispatching OpenGL calls
to the vendor libraries, depending on which hardware the system has.

Now what about NVIDIA Optimus? As far as I understand, dispatching the
calls to the NVIDIA vendor library is not enough. The image rendered by
my NVIDIA card must also be copied to the video memory of my Intel card
(as far as I know). Will libglvnd take care of this? In other words:
will it render optirun/primusrun obsolete?

Kind Regards,
  Sven