[Mesa-users] mesa driver with cad apps (solid edge, solidworks)

Rob Conde rob.conde at ai-solutions.com
Wed Jan 13 09:36:33 PST 2016

Couple of things:

1) With feature parity, llvmpipe will most likely perform better. But llvmpipe supports a much higher version of opengl (MS Driver is at 1.1). So if the application has multiple code paths for different driver capabilities, then llvmpipe might not perform better (at least in the speed sense).
2) We had a crash when using llvmpipe on windows 8 that we didn't see on windows 7. It was fixed by updating to mesa 10.6.4. I'm not sure the exact version of Mesa you're using, but you might consider trying a newer version.

Rob