[Mesa-users] Inquiry regarding OSMesa and its demo usage in Windows 64bit

Shin Jae Min Jimmy jshin49 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 14:18:55 UTC 2016

Hello,

For the past few weeks, I have been trying to implement OSMesa into our
project since we heavily rely on servers to render images.

I successfully built mesa-11.2.0-rc2 and obtained opengl32.dll and
osmesa.dll and the necessary library files.

I tried to integrate these with the ./demo/osdemo, but then I was lacking
GLUT and GLU.

I was able to successfully build mesaglu for Windows x86/x64, but mesaglut
wasn't building due to bizarre reasons, so I switched to using freeglut
instead.

After setting the necessary dependencies properly in the osdemo projects,
it successfully compiled, only to output garbage values. (in Win32
environment.)

In Win64 environment, it did compile, but when I try to run the executable,
it crashes.

Just to be clear, I have set all the dependencies and the dlls in the
correct place, so that is not a problem.

In addition, when I tried to use the Mesa-7.8.2 version which contained
GLUT and GLU within it, everything worked fine, and even the outputs were
perfect.

So the question is, how could I make the demo project work with mesa11.2 or
11.1.2.

Our app currently utilizes OpenGL 4.3 , so we hope to use the latest mesa
version, but is it okay to use the previous versions for using OSMesa only?

I will be waiting for your response.

Thank you.