[Mesa-users] GLX issues

Rockers, Elijah D. edrockers at houstonmethodist.org
Thu May 12 15:01:04 UTC 2016

Hello, experts

Running a Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan 10.11.4
With ATI Radeon Graphics card, and XQuartz v 2.7.9

The problem comes when I attempt to SSH into an Ubuntu 12.04 (Nvidia GeForce GTX 650) machine and use anything that requires GLX, e.g. glxdemo

Here are two examples:

**********

[myuser at ubuntu-machine:~] freeview
Xlib: extension "NV-GLX" missing on display "localhost:10.0".
X Error: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) 2
Extension:    150 (Uknown extension)
Minor opcode: 3 (Unknown request)
Resource id:  0x0
Abort         (core dumped)

[myuser at ubuntu-machine:~] qdec
Xlib: extension "NV-GLX" missing on display "localhost:10.0".
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
Major opcode of failed request:  150 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
Value in failed request:  0x0
Serial number of failed request:  1504

It appears to be trying to use NV-GLX which suggest it may be trying to use the NVidia driver for rendering.

I attempted `ssh user at machine -Y` from the Mac, and also `export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1` but to no avail.

If someone could point me in the right direction of where to continue looking for a fix for this, that'd be great. This is crucial for our work place to solve ASAP.

Many thanks,

Eli

Houston Methodist. Leading Medicine. Houston Methodist is ranked by U.S.News & World Report as one of America's "Best Hospitals" in 11 specialties and designated as a Magnet hospital for excellence in nursing.  Houston Methodist has also been named to FORTUNEĀ®  Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work ForĀ®" list for 10 years in a row. Visit us at  houstonmethodist.org. Follow us at  twitter.com/MethodistHosp and facebook.com/HoustonMethodist.  ***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*** This e-mail is the property of Houston Methodist and/or its relevant affiliates and may contain restricted and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender and delete all copies of the message. Thank you.