[Mesa-users] Mesa3D - NVIDIA CG fp40 vp40

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Wed Jul 5 21:20:29 UTC 2017

On 07/05/2017 07:51 AM, Javier Martínez wrote:
> Hello there!
>
> This is a question mostly directed towards Mesa3D developers.
>
> Does anyone knows if Mesa3D supports an app made with NVIDIA CG Toolkit
> 1.5 and OpenGL profiles vp40 fp40?
>

> http://developer.download.nvidia.com/cg/Cg_1.5/1.5.0/Cg-1.5_ReleaseNotes.pdf
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__developer.download.nvidia.com_cg_Cg-5F1.5_1.5.0_Cg-2D1.5-5FReleaseNotes.pdf&d=DwMFAw&c=uilaK90D4TOVoH58JNXRgQ&r=Ie7_encNUsqxbSRbqbNgofw0ITcfE8JKfaUjIQhncGA&m=ryuqDFA-c14F1hmPjDhU6Az_w_fDeHZfULYSa3R-ja4&s=bmpCMxwIdHdJ1Bqiu9XGQsgyn4lFWgO7JozkFpOKplc&e=>
>
> vp40 ARB_vertex_program + NV_vertex_program2 option
> fp40 ARB_fragment_program + NV_fragment_program2 option

Mesa does not support the GL_NV_vertex/fragment_program2 extensions.

> Those OpenGL profiles only works under NVIDIA cards, and I'm trying to
> use Mesa3D to make this app work under Intel and AMD (ATI).
>
> So far I've tested it on an Intel HD Graphics (Braswell) and it gives a
> complete green screen.
>
> S3TC is needed, otherwise you will get the following error:
>
> Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_ENUM in
> glCompressedTexImage2D(internalFormat=GL_COMPRESSED_RGBA_S3TC_DXT1_EXT)
>
> Relevant errors in the logs:
>
> Mesa: 1 similar GL_INVALID_OPERATION errors
> Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_OPERATION in glProgramString(bad program)
> Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_OPERATION in glProgramStringARB(invalid ARB
> fragment program option)
> Mesa: 1 similar GL_INVALID_OPERATION errors
> Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_OPERATION in glProgramString(bad program)
> Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_OPERATION in glProgramStringARB(syntax
> error, unexpected $undefined, expecting ARBvp_10 or ARBfp_10)
> Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_OPERATION in glBegin(vertex program not valid)
> Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_OPERATION in glEnd
>
> Any chance of getting this implemented?

I think we had support for GL_NV_vertex/fragment_program2 many years ago
but it got ripped out because it was seldom used and was a maintenance
burdon.

I suspect there's some other Cg profile (ARB_vertex/fragment_shader?)
that should work.

-Brian