[Mesa-users] Need help proving I am using POLARIS10 drivers and upgrading OpenGL to 4.5

Oflameo oflameo2 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 13:48:17 UTC 2017

https://github.com/ZeroK-RTS/Zero-K/issues/2363
https://springrts.com/mantis/view.php?id=5634

I can't run Zero-k anymore for some reason. On Debian 8 it was running
slow, but on Debian 9 it wouldn't start. I am being told by a spring
engine developer that I am using VMWare drivers. My dmesg and glxinfo
says I am using POLARIS10.

https://springrts.com/mantis/view.php?id=5620

The same engine developer that I am having problem with is saying that
the will not support OpenGL less than 4.1. My RX470 should support
OpenGL 4.5. my glxinfo says it only supports OpenGL 3.0. Backported
libdrm-2.4.81 from unstable and 17.1.4-git-1 from git. I don't know how
to make the system use the new version of mesa.

I used the this guideĀ https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-the-latest
-mesa-version-on-debian-9-stretch-linux to build mesa 17.1.4-git-1 and
installing it in /opt/mesa/ to avoid contaminating the file system but
I don't know how to tell the OS to find and load it. I am still running
 Mesa 13.0.6.