[Mesa-users] How to start debugging GLX?

Martin Vogt mvogt1 at gmail.com
Mon May 8 09:44:54 UTC 2017

Hello list,

according to the post:

http://www.yosoygames.com.ar/wp/2017/02/mesa-radeonsi-im-impressed/

the radeonsi support should be really good, so I gave it a try.

But I need some help on how to debug indirect GL.

I start a remote/commercial application and everythings flickers, is slow,
if a drag the cursor
into the visualisation, the visualisation disappers, but it does not
segfault anymore, after
I startet using a newer llvm to build mesa. Thus it seems I replaced some
components
successfully.

But I'm unsure which components I do really need, to test GLX/indirect GL
support and how to debug
the setup.

I build mesa on the remote system and on a thinclient, everything default
and to reduce the compile time, only some part:

--with-gallium-drivers=radeonsi,swrast --with-dri-drivers=radeon,swrast
--enable-debug

Then I make sure that the X server uses libGL and the remote application
has a proper LD_LIBRARY_PATH set.

But I suspect that this is not enough. I excpected more debug output, like
the names of the
GL calls, maybe benmark every GL call to see that make it so slow...

best regards,

Martin