[Mesa-users] features.txt: GL_EXT_gpu_shader4?

Axel Huebl a.huebl at hzdr.de
Mon Oct 23 12:35:55 UTC 2017

Hi Ken,

On 23.10.2017 13:36, Ken Martin wrote:
> shader4 is not in mesa and I do not think it ever will be. As Mesa has
> opengl 3.2 support it really isn't needed for VTK/PV because OpenGL 3.2
> basically includes the features of shader4.

Ok, so it looks like my configuration thinks it is neither OpenGL 3.1
nor 3.2 in VTK7:

https://github.com/Kitware/VTK/blob/v7.1.1/Rendering/OpenGL2/vtkOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx#L632-L648

The llvm version I used for llvmpipe in mesa is 3.9.1:

https://github.com/LLNL/spack/blob/328dc3d14029e576f38e920a4df116af89071dfe/var/spack/repos/builtin/packages/mesa/package.py#L82

and with mesa 17+ it enables llvmpipe with --enable-llvm (instead of
--enable-gallium-llvm of previous versions). Is that the issue?

> PV supports mesa + llvmpipe for Mesa versions 12.0 and later.  That is
> why I suspect something unusual is going on here probably related to
> platform/build etc.

I am confused, the PV list says llvmpipe is not working right now:

  https://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2017-May/040078.html

Axel