[Mesa-users] How to compile mainline mesa with experimental compilers and standards (C++17 and C11)

John Jackson jjaxse2017 at techie.com
Mon Oct 23 19:59:47 UTC 2017

After a some effort, I went ahead and provided a writeup on how compile mainline mesa with experimental compilers and standards at https://github.com/jjaxse2017/Mainline-Mesa-Expermental. I was hoping that there would be some interest with others doing so, to compare the results on other cards/drivers. I measured around a 18% improvement in performance against the padoka stable Ubuntu 17.04 drivers with gcc 7 and llvm 6 combined with standard c++ 17 being a clear winner at optimization level 3. I went ahead and included a compiled version for AMD video cards and would be really interested to see the result differences with Open CL/Unigine benchmarks with the newer AMD cards RX470+.

This message was sent out a message earlier, but upon checking up on it, it says "An HTML attachment was scrubbed..." So I changed the e-mail to be text only.