[Mesa-users] No GLSL version override

Dirk Schulze dirk.h.schulze at gmx.de
Sat Apr 6 09:54:01 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am trying to run the software Stellarium on Linux Mint 19.1, 64-bit,
Cinnamon 4.0.9. Since it requires GLSL version 1.3, but my system only
supports version 1.2, I usually run it with the environment variable
override, launching it like this:

     MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=1.30 stellarium

It worked really well, but after Linux Mint update manager updated the
Mesa package from version 18.0.5 to version 18.2.8, the override no
longer works. Now I am getting the error message about insufficient GLSL
version again.

What could be the reason why Mesa does not respect the environment
variable anymore?

(The Stellarium developer suggested it is a Mesa problem.)
https://github.com/Stellarium/stellarium/issues/663

thanks,

Dirk