[Mesa-users] No GLSL version override

Christopher Snowhill (kode54) kode54 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 05:24:51 UTC 2019

> On Apr 6, 2019, at 2:54 AM, Dirk Schulze <dirk.h.schulze at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to run the software Stellarium on Linux Mint 19.1, 64-bit,
> Cinnamon 4.0.9. Since it requires GLSL version 1.3, but my system only
> supports version 1.2, I usually run it with the environment variable
> override, launching it like this:
>
>     MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=1.30 stellarium
>
> It worked really well, but after Linux Mint update manager updated the
> Mesa package from version 18.0.5 to version 18.2.8, the override no
> longer works. Now I am getting the error message about insufficient GLSL
> version again.
>
> What could be the reason why Mesa does not respect the environment
> variable anymore?
>
> (The Stellarium developer suggested it is a Mesa problem.)
> https://github.com/Stellarium/stellarium/issues/663

Technically, this should be handled by either drirc or a drirc.d addition, not the actual libraries, as it is a software compatibility issue that calls for an application override.

The stock drirc is chock full of existing application overrides, it just seems either you’re missing the default configuration, or this application hasn’t been included yet.