[Mesa-users] amdgpu: The CS has been cancelled because the context is lost.

Jean-Dominique Frattini dagecko83 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 21:42:00 UTC 2019

Hello,

I am on Debian Linux testing. And after an update (firmware-amd-graphics,
xserver-xorg-video-amdgup and Mesa), my program often raises this error
message:

amdgpu: The CS has been cancelled because the context is lost.

When this message shows up (hundreds of lines are displaying in the console
every seconds), the window does not show anything anymore.

Downgrading to the previous firmware apparently solved the issue until now
where this message appears again.
Generally, a reboot will solve temporarilly the issue (the message will not
show up for some times).

If that can matter, the same program works well with other hardware
including older ones and ones with less memory.

I will try to downgrade mesa either with the hope this message will not
show up again.