[Mesa-users] WSL on windows 10 mesa version on Debian 10

Hisham M. Sueyllam sueyllam at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 20 15:58:50 UTC 2020

I am using opengl on Cygwin/x with direct hardware rendering and able to use opengl 4.6 which is supported by my Radeon. However, Motif is not fully supported on Cygwin since the Microsoft kernel is proprietary and hence a restricted license was given to Cygwin. I tried WSL and Motif there is fully supported, however direct hardware rendering is not supported and has to be done using Mesa software rendering. glxinfo tells me that I have opengl core 3.3 and Mesa 18.3.6
Well searching the net, it says that Mesa 18 and up supports opengl 4.0 and beyond.
I am really confused, is there an explanation for such contradiction…
Sent from Mail for Windows 10