[Mesa-users] Compiling OSMesa as a WASI module?

Aviv Giladi avivgiladi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 19:53:48 UTC 2020

I've successfully compiled OSMesa on windows with MSVC (cl).

My end goal is to do software 3D rendering on a bare bone architecture -
WASI (WASM system. interface, no threads, etc., with ms-extensions, built
with llvm/clang-cl).

Looking at the mesa code, it seems like it assumes (as one example) that
threads are available (used for mutexes at the very least).

Am I really far off and there's fundamental assumptions mesa makes that
would never allow it to compile as WASI? Or is it worth spending the time
to try and modify some of the header / play around with the codebase to
make it compilable for WASI?

Thanks!