Modem hangup with ModemManager

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at lanedo.com
Tue Jul 9 00:41:36 PDT 2013

Hey,

> Looks like my monday continues still... I did get past qmi problem, but
> building documentation seems to fail. --disable-gtk-doc managed to get
> me around it.
>
> Configure reports following:
>
> ModemManager 0.7.991
>
> compiler: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
> cflags: -march=native -pipe -O2
> Maintainer mode: yes
>
> D-Bus system directory: /etc/dbus-1/system.d
> udev base directory: /usr/lib64/udev/
> systemd unit directory: /usr/lib64/systemd/system
>
> PolicyKit support: none
> Documentation: no
> MBIM support: no
> QMI support: no
> Newest QMI commands: no
>

> I guess it’s ok?
>
> I attached output from run with SCM version, but it looks like to have
> same error.
>
> This version number 0.7.991 confuses me. The git version has same
> version number as latest stable?

0.7.991 is just a snapshot of git master, not a stable version. We
should have a stable 0.8 soon.

Your problem seems to be that the modem is to be managed with the MBIM
protocol. Grab this libmbim tarball, compile it and install it:

http://www.freedesktop.org/software/libmbim/libmbim-1.4.0.tar.xz

Once you have installed it, reconfigure and recompile ModemManager git
master. You should see "MBIM support: yes" in the configure report.

That should get your issue fixed.