IPv6 with simple-connect

Martin Anderseck Martin.Anderseck at ni.com
Thu Sep 5 00:52:10 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm using the Sierra Wireless MC7710 module with IPv4 and IPv6. When I
want to setup an IPv4 connection I use
mmcli -m 0 --simple-connect="apn=myIPv4APN,ip-type=ipv4"
and it works fine.
However if I want to setup an IPv6 connection I'd normally use
mmcli -m 0 --simple-connect="apn=myIPv6APN,ip-type=ipv6"
This always leads to
error: couldn't connect the modem:
'GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.libqmi.Error.Protocol.CallFailed: QMI
protocol error (14): 'CallFailed''

If I have set the PDP context before using the AT commands
at+cgdcont=1,"IPV6","myIPv6APN"
then it works. This step is not necessary for IPv4 connections.

If I have deleted all PDP contexts before starting the simple-connect
command a new very general IPv4 entry is generated in both cases:
+CGDCONT: 1,"IP","","0.0.0.0",0,0

Is this a bug in ModemManager or do you think it's a firmware issue?

Best regards,
Martin

Signalion GmbH; Geschäftsführer (Managing Directors): Dr. Tim Hentschel, Dr. Thorsten Dräger; Sitz (Registered Office): Dresden; HRB (Commercial Register No.): 22081; Registergericht (Registration Court): Dresden

This email and any attachments are intended only for the person to whom this email is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you received this email in error, please do not disclose the contents to anyone, but notify the sender by return email and delete this email (and any attachments) from your system.