Multiple SIM adapter

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue Dec 23 03:17:21 PST 2014

Hey Jakub!

> On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 05:20 PM CET, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
>> Does anyone know what's the usual way to interface with a modem which
>> has a dual or triple SIM adapter? Is it by vendor-specific AT
>> commands, or using the SIM Application Toolkit?
>
> I checked the radio/telephony logs on a dual SIM Android phone I had at
> hand and there were messages from a GSM 07.10 Multiplexer:
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/gsm0710muxd
>
> Not sure but perhaps this is something of interest to you. Logs captured
> while receiving an SMS on either SIM slot attached.

I'm not sure it's related; the CMUX stuff is (IIRC) to split different
virtual channels from a single TTY port; e.g. to allow PPP and AT over
a single TTY at the same time. I'm not sure whether in this case your
multiplexed sessions apply to different SIM cards. I tend to think
this is something the modem needs to support in some way, e.g. with an
AT command or something to specify which is the default SIM that is
allowed to do data connections and such.