Sierra Wireless EM7355

Erinn Looney-Triggs erinn.looneytriggs at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 12:27:24 PDT 2014

On 07/16/2014 12:43 AM, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Erinn Looney-Triggs <erinn.looneytriggs at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I just wanted to pass along an update to y'all about this. There was a
>> firmware update released for this modem by Lenovo today, and after
>> application everything just worked! At least in MBIM mode, I haven't
>> tested QMI.
>>
>> Thanks for all the suggestions, looks like it was just issues with the
>> modem firmware itself.
>
> Thanks for the update.  Good to know about these things. As you've
> noticed, this was the first time any of us have heard about something
> like that.
>

> Bjørn

No problem. Unfortunately I may have spoken too soon. When I doo a warm
reboot from windows into linux the modem works, when I start the system
cold the modem doesn't work. I am going to try a few other combinations
of things just to verify, so I'll get back to you.

Reminds me of my first Gobi modem which needed gobi_loader, I thought we
were past that point but maybe it still needs a firmware loaded? I hope
I haven't been missing that point all along.

-Erinn