Sierra Wireless EM7355

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Thu Jul 17 00:22:07 PDT 2014

Erinn Looney-Triggs <erinn.looneytriggs at gmail.com> writes:

> No problem. Unfortunately I may have spoken too soon. When I doo a
> warm reboot from windows into linux the modem works, when I start the
> system cold the modem doesn't work. I am going to try a few other
> combinations of things just to verify, so I'll get back to you.
>
> Reminds me of my first Gobi modem which needed gobi_loader, I thought
> we were past that point but maybe it still needs a firmware loaded? I
> hope I haven't been missing that point all along.

correct one is?

The newer modules can support multiple operator configurations. And
possibly also multiple images? See the AT commands AT!GOBIIMPREF? and
AT!PRIID? referred to in this discussion:
https://forum.sierrawireless.com/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=8007

If this is the issue, then maybe the mmcli "--firmware-list" and
"--firmware-select=[Unique ID]" commands can help too?  I have no clue
as I don't have any module supporting more than a single operator config
AFAIK.

Bjørn